Hazloc IS Approvals Engineer
Job Title: Hazloc IS Approvals Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Job Location: Chester, United Kingdom
Do you have proven experience working in a test house/manufacturer, or as a lead auditor in testing and assessing electrical products to International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards?
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company?
Do you want to work for a company that rewards performance?
If you answered yes to all of the above we want to hear from you as we have an exciting opportunity for a Hazloc Intrinsic Safety (IS) Approvals Engineer to join our dynamic team based in Chester.
Due to the key requirements of the role involving testing to IEC standards we cannot process applications that do not have IEC experience.
Intertek's Electrical team applies more than 100 years of product testing expertise to quickly and efficiently help clients meet safety, performance, environmental and quality requirements for every market they wish to enter.
An Approvals Engineer is required to work on certification of equipment for use in hazardous locations. The role holder will provide technical assessment and authorisation of approvals & projects and to act as a source of expertise with respect to Directives & associated standards.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Assessment of equipment for approval against published standards (Focusing on the IEC/EN60079 Series of standards)
• Specify the requirements for test samples.
• Specify and in some cases conduct appropriate test programmes in accordance with the relevant standards
• Direct communication (both verbal and written) with external customers at all levels of their business
• Generate reports and certification documents
• Leading onto conducting on-site assessments and/or test work at the clients premises. This may involve foreign travel
In addition to the responsibilities and duties listed, the successful candidate may be required to undertake further duties assigned by the Management Team from time to time.
Job QualificationsRequired skills and experience
• Good IT literacy skills
• Suitable degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent higher education
• Proven Track record from a similar engineering background e.g. test house/manufacturer/lead auditor background
• Intrinsic Safety experience
• Proven demonstrable experience of applying technical judgement
• Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decision
• Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
• Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
• The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
• Motivated, self-starter
• Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
• Highly energised mind-set with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually
• Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
• Fosters integrity and honesty
• Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
• Highly organised with strong attention to detail
• Confident communicator (written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
• Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
How to Apply
Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and Salary Expectations to email@example.com
including the reference Intertek79. All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies
15th December 2017