Regulatory Physico-Chemical Property Determination
Intertek has a dedicated and experienced Regulatory Analysis Group, specialising in physico-chemical property determination for actives and formulations, utilising OECD, CIPAC and EPA Testing Guidelines.
Services are routinely provided to a range of industries including pharmaceutical, agrochemical and specialty chemicals for submissions to the EU, US (EPA) and Japanese (MITI) regulatory agencies. The team has over 20 years experience in providing phys-chem data for Registration purposes.
Physico-chemical testing forms a signifcant part of the data package for REACH and the Registration of chemical substances in non-EC countries and can be vital in designing the appropriate toxicological and ecotoxicological test packages. Intertek performs physical chemistry tests according to the REACH Annex VII and OECD Guidelines.
Physical Chemistry Data Package:
- Melting Temperature/Freezing Temperature – OECD 102/EU A1
- Boiling Temperature – OECD 103/EU A2
- Relative Density – OECD 109/EU A3
- Vapour Pressure – OECD 104/EU A4
- Surface Tension – OECD 115/EU A5
- Water Solubility – OECD 105/EU A6
- Partition Coefficient (HPLC) – OECD 107/EU A8
- Partition Coefficient (Shake Flask) – OECD 107/EU A8
- Flash point (Liquid only) – EU A9
- Flammability (Solid on ignition) – EU A10
- Flammability (Contact with Water) - EU A12
- Pyrophoric Properties of Solids and Liquids - EU A13
- Explosive Properties (Liquid) – EU A14
- Explosive Properties (Solid) – EU A14
- Auto-ignition Temperature (Liquid) – EU A15
- Relative Self-ignition Temperature (Solid) – EU A16
- Oxidising Properties (Solid) – EU A17
- Oxidising Properties (Liquid) – EU A21
Additional Physico-chemical tests available:
- Stability in organic solvent
- Dissociation constant
Full range of Physico-Chemical Tests:
- Physico-Chemical Property Measurements
- Physico-Chemical Property Predictions for REACH
- Regulatory Physico-Chemical Property Determination
REACH Testing Services:
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Regulatory Physico-Chemical Property Determination.