Rheology of Polymers
Rheology measurements to determine polymer flow properties.
Intertek laboratories test the rheological properties of polymeric materials and liquids over a wide variety of temperatures and deformation rates (both shear and extensional). Understanding the rheological properties enables our clients to optimize products and process conditions, thereby saving costs and minimizing potential waste.
Polymer rheological testing and analysis:
- Capillary Rheology – Providing design data for flow simulation packages with measurement of extensional flow properties
- Rotational Rheology Laboratory (Stress and Strain Rate Control Options – in air or an inert atmosphere)
- Melt Flow Rate and Melt Flow Index (ASTM D1238, ASTM D3364, ISO 1133)
- Dilute Solution Viscosity Measurements (ASTM D1243, ASTM 2857, ASTM D4603, ISO 489)
- Instrumented Injection Moulding (Spiral Flow)
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Rheology of Polymers.