Nadcap Accreditation AC7122-1 for Testing Aerospace and Automotive Composites
Intertek composite testing services include Nadcap accreditation AC7122/1.
Nadcap accreditation grants Intertek Pittsfield laboratory recognition to test non-metallic materials, class A composite materials to support the needs the aerospace and automotive industries. The lab received Nadcap accreditation for demonstrating ongoing commitment to quality by satisfying customer requirements and industry specifications. Intertek services help reduce client risk through testing of quality composite materials and manufactured products. Without these services, aerospace manufacturing would become more risky for both composite buyers and sellers.
Composite testing expertise ranges from understanding materials to quality control and application testing, helping ensure quality throughout the entire process. Our services help manufacturers produce composites with higher quality and consistency.
Intertek’s state of the art composite testing laboratory capabilities ensure accurate data and fast turnaround times.
Intertek composite tests covered in the Nadcap AC7122/1 include:
- Tensile Ambient, Non Ambient and Tensile Strain Measurement,
- Flexural Ambient, Non Ambient and Flexural Strain Measurement
- Compression Ambient, Non Ambient and Compression Strain Measurement
- Shear Ambient Temperature by SBS, Shear Ambient Temperature Tension, Shear Ambient Temperature by Compression
- Shear Ambient Temperature by V Notch, Shear Non-ambient (any method), Shear Strain Measurement
- Flatwise Tension, Sandwich Flexure, Bearing Strength, Impact Strength
- GIc and GIIc
- Rheometrics Melt Viscosity
- Resin/Fiber and Void Content by: Acid Digestion, Solvent Wash
- Water Absorption, Volatile Content, Gel Time, Areal Weight, Density, Specific Gravity, Barcol Hardness Testing
- FTIR, DMA, TGA, DSC, TMA, Specific Heat by DSC, CTE by Dilatometer; and CTE by TMA.
About Nadcap: Created in 1990 by SAE Inc., Nadcap is administered by the not-for-profit Performance Review Institute. PRI exists to advance the interests of the mobility and related industries through development of performance standards and administration of quality assurance, accreditation, and certification programs as well as related activities for the benefit of industry, government, and the general public.
Composites materials testing:
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Nadcap Accreditation AC7122-1 for Testing Aerospace and Automotive Composites.