Thermal Analysis of Polymers and Plastics
Thermal analysis of polymer and plastic materials.
Thermal analysis provides properties data, measuring changes in polymer or plastic materials with temperature and time. Thermal analysis helps clients understand polymeric formulations, process history and final physical properties of materials.
Thermal analyses available include melting and crystallization characteristics (enthalpy of fusion or recrystallization, thermal history of the material, nucleation of polymer), crystallinity studies, curing reactions and degradation analysis in different atmospheres.
Thermal analysis techniques:
- DSC, Differential Scanning Calorimetry
- Thermal Glass Transition Temperature Test
- DMA or DMTA, Dynamic Mechanical Analysis
- TMA, Thermomechanical Analysis
- TGA, Thermogravimetric Analysis
- Vicat Softening Point
- Short and Long Term Heat Aging Programs
- Heat Deflection Temperature
- DETA, Dielectric Spectroscopy
Polymer and plastics testing:
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Thermal Analysis of Polymers and Plastics.