Packaging Migration and Food Contact Testing
Migration testing and regulatory expertise for food contact materials such as packaging, kitchen utensils, food processing equipment and materials and substances intended for food contact applications.
Intertek laboratories test plastics food packaging and food contact materials on overall chemical migration and specific chemical migration of monomers, additives, and other trace residual substances. The safety of food packaging and other food contact materials is of critical importance. Intertek experts have extensive knowledge on international and national food contact regulations, including the European Framework Regulation and related directives, amandments and guidelines, FDA standards and regulations/guidelines on national level. Intertek has broad experience in both interpreting the appropriate legislation and providing chemical migration test data in accordance with these standards.
Food Contact Regulations and Packaging Services:
- Compliance Program on EU Food Contact Regulation
- Overall migration testing according to EN 1186
- Specific migration testing according to EN 13130
- Regulatory studies and consulting services
- EU 1935/2004, (EU) 10/2011 and FDA expertise (and more)
- Extractables and leachables testing
- US and EFSA Food Contact Notification Services
- IFS packaging migration testing
- Mathematical modelling for SML determination
- Testing according to European Pharacopeia & FDA
- Testing according other national standards France, Germany, Netherlands etc.
- Expertise on plastics, paper, cardboard, ceramics, etc.
- Expertise on national regulation eg BfR, VWA, and others
- Determination of residual content in packaging
- Development of methods to test specific migration
- Active and intelligent packaging materials food contact
- Intertek Food Package Expertise
- Physical testing of packaging materials
- Packaging Permeability
- PET and rPET testing
- BRC/IOP services
- Hot- tack testing
- Bisphenol A testing
- Packaging odour and taste identification
- Toxics in packaging materials
- Heavy Metals in Packaging Materials
- Plasticizers in Packaging Materials
- Chemical testing Packaging Materials
- Testing under the European and Pharmacopea legislation
- Tracking development by the Food and Consumer Product Safety Authorities
- Organoleptic testing
- Compliance of Materials for Drinking and Potable Water
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Packaging Migration and Food Contact Testing.