Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Analysis
Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) studies are typically associated with the defense and aerospace industries. However, a number of studies have been performed for refining, petrochemical, offshore, and power generation facilities.
The application of relatively inexpensive but powerful RAM forecasting tools can provide a number of benefits to the owners and operators of oil refineries, gas plants, chemical plants, and other processing facilities.
Those benefits can include:
- Reducing maintenance and sparing costs while maintaining and/or increasing production levels.
- Optimizing capital investment for reducing the cost of production.
- A decrease in the duration of unplanned and planned outages.
- Alignment of maintenance resources based on the criticality of equipment to production revenue.
- Accurate forecasts of equipment lifecycle costs that reflect equipment age, duty cycle, and maintenance effectiveness.
- Optimization of capital improvement options at the plant and enterprise levels when improvement budgets are constrained.
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Analysis.