Features of the ETL-EU Mark
Intertek's ETL-EU mark verifies that the product complies with applicable European Union (EU) standards and directives.
The most important feature of the ETL-EU mark is that it can only come from Intertek, an independent 3rd party testing laboratory, and cannot be self-declared by the manufacturer.
Product defects have been a growing concern in the global market, and the European Union officials have initiated a number of regulations to address these concerns. The list of new directives, revisions, and scope of covered products grows each year. But consumers, retailers and authorities are losing confidence in the “self-declaration” status of the CE Mark as more and more products bearing the mark are proven to be non-compliant.
Benefits for Manufacturers and Retailers
- Third-party assurance: the product is certified by renowned certification body - Intertek
- Meets the EU requirements at the highest standards of testing
- The commitment to safety and quality assurance is a significant competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Expedited verification process for authorities and customs officials via telephone Hotlines and searchable online directories.
Global Accessibility of the ETL Mark
- Two Continents in One – ETL represents conformity for both the European and North American markets
- International recognized marking for electronic and electrical products for over a century
- Recognized by global retailers, buyers and major brands
- Efficient infrastructure to service ETL clients with online reports, local laboratories and expert knowledge of local, regional and international regulatory requirements.
Flexible, Cost-Effective Certification
- Integrated services with existing ETL, CE declaration and other European markings
- Simple extension from existing ETL mark for North America to ETL-EU mark
- Type 5 & 7 Inspection Schemes to meet market demands and minimize costs
- Transparent product listing – easily identifiable and understood by consumers
- Higher perceived value and assurance
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Features of the ETL-EU Mark.