We streamline your route to TCO certification by managing the required testing and the handing of your certification through TCO Development and offering one of the quickest turnarounds in the industry.
We are one of only a few organizations accepted by TCO Development, and are accredited by The Swedish Board for Accreditation and Conformity Assessment (SWEDAC) to conduct testing and certification to all current Environmental Labeling Schemes, including TCO ’03, ’99, ’95, ’92, and MPR II and III applications. In most cases Intertek can provide test reporting and verifications within one week of receiving samples.
The Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees (TCO) has, with the assistance of Intertek's Special Measurements Group, developed a series of end user and environmental requirements for IT equipment – including video adapters, monitors, keyboards, computers, peripherals, IT systems and even mobile phones. Certification to these requirements provides manufacturers with a means of demonstrating superior product quality and attention to ergonomics. Many of the TCO Development specifications in use today have their roots in investigations and statistics from Intertek’s laboratories.
The primary requirements of TCO certification concern the safety and health of employees and the environment, including:
- Visual ergonomics and image quality for displays
- Ergonomics of keyboards, printers, mobile phones and furniture
- Magnetic and electrical field emission levels
- Environmental management system for manufacturers, ISO 14001
- Use of hazardous compounds such as brominated flame retardants or mercury and cadmium
- Energy consumption and rapid restart after power down
- Noise levels and chemical emissions