Toxicological Risk Assessments (TRA)
We offer toxicological risk assessment (TRA) services for products manufactured and sold in a wide range of industries.
The relationship between a hazard and potential for exposure defines risk. Intertek’s toxicological risk assessments determine whether or not a product poses a potential risk for the toxicological endpoints measured and, if desired, can be amended to also include suggested labelling phrases, warnings and warning symbols that may be necessary on the package of the product (e.g. California Proposition 65).
Our Toxicology Risk Assessment (TRA) Services include:
- Evaluation of the toxicity of the individual chemical ingredients of the formulation used to manufacture the product:
- Each ingredient is assessed for its hazard or "inherent" toxicity such as acute toxicity, skin/eye irritancy, potential for skin sensitization, reproductive, genotoxic, or carcinogenic activity, in relation to the potential for consumer exposure to the chemical
- Potential for synergistic or unpredictable adverse effects from the combination of ingredients in the formulation
- Exposure considerations:
- characteristics of the product such as physical form and size/volume
- accessibility (e.g. liquid components)
- intended use
- Consideration of potential for misuse of the product
- European Toy Regulations
- European Cosmetic Regulations
- Canada Hazardous Products (Toys) Regulations
- Labelling of Hazardous Art Materials (LHAMA) Certifications
- CPSC Regulations
- Product Labelling Reviews and development of label layout
- Packaging compliance guidance and advice on mandatory label requirements
Related Toxicology Services
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Toxicological Risk Assessments (TRA).