REACH Only Representative Services
Intertek's suite of REACH services provides comprehensive solutions for your REACH compliance.
Non-EU (European Union) manufacturers are not permitted to submit REACH registration dossiers to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA). However, Article 8 of REACH provides for a non-EU manufacturer to appoint an Only Representative in order to fulfill the registration obligations on their behalf.
Intertek has longstanding experience acting as an OR for many companies around the world. The service provides the necessary legal presence and representation in the EU including representation in the European Chemical Agency (ECHA), technical management of REACH pre-registration and registration, and submission of information to the EU to fulfill a company’s REACH obligations. Whether your company is entering the EU market for the first time or your business is considering a change of OR, we can offer a comprehensive service tailored to your unique requirements.
Only Representative Services for REACH pre-registration:
- Legal presence in Europe to act on your behalf through the pre/registration process
- Collection and submission of pre-registration data for each substance
- Worldwide REACH expertise to support technical elements related to pre-registration
- Submission of pre-registration of chemicals for REACH 1907/2006
- On-call consulting support for all questions related to REACH for the duration leading up to pre-registration
- Direct access to Intertek’s REACH Experts Help Desk
- Unlimited Q&A for REACH-related questions
- Real-time information change notices (ICNs) on legislative or industry changes on REACH
- Submission of chemical information to the EU and the Substance Information Exchange Forum (SIEF)
- Representation in SIEF
- Corporate education and consulting support
Extended Only Representative Services for REACH registration:
- On-call access to REACH experts for support of REACH registration related questions
- Participation in the SIEF, including contact and coordination with SIEF members
- Data exchange and evaluation
- Negotiation with SIEF and Consortium members
- Submission of registration applications
- Collection and submission of technical dossiers
- Creation and submission of REACH compliant Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Creation and submission of chemical safety reports (CSR) – where required
- Authorized negotiations with ECHA
- High-level discussions about risk assessments and use of information
- Notification to the ECHA of quantities of products manufactured/imported and related risk assessments
- Communication concerning substances to downstream users
Related REACH Services
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with REACH Only Representative Services.