OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) Services
Intertek’s scientific and regulatory experts can help your company successfully comply with the US OSHA chemical hazard communication standard requirements.
The US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has adopted the United Nations Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) into its new Hazard Communication Standard (HCS). The final rule is called “HazCom 2012.” The new standard includes changes to hazard classification, labels and safety data sheets (SDSs - formerly called material safety data sheets or MSDSs).
The new system requires the following:
- Worker training on the new label elements and SDS provisions by December 1, 2013
- Manufacturers and importers will have until June 1, 2015 to comply with label and SDS provisions in the new standard
- Distributors will have until December 1, 2015 to comply with theses provisions
- Employers with hazardous chemicals in their workplaces have until June 1, 2016 to update their hazard communication programs, which includes container labels, SDSs, and employee training
US OSHA HazCom Compliance Services:
Intertek offers the following hazard communication and product safety services to the producers, suppliers and users of industrial, commercial and consumer chemicals:
- Interpretation of OSHA hazard communication requirements
- Classification of chemical substances
- Authoring, maintenance, review of safety data sheets (SDSs) and labels
- Review or auditing of safety data sheets and labels to confirm, compliance with OSHA Hazard Communication Standard
- Corporate regulatory compliance training and workshops
- Conduct literature searches to obtain relevant data relating to chemical toxicity, environmental impact, physical and chemical properties, safe handling, transportation and waste disposal as they relate to hazard communication requirements
- Design, implementation, and stewardship of testing programs if required
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) Services.