Update to Mandatory Export Packaging Markings for Regulated Products Exported to Egypt
Mandatory Export Packaging Markings for Regulated Products Under Egypt Ministerial Decrees 660 and 626
The Egyptian Ministry of Industry and Foreign Trade has issued the Ministerial Decrees 626 /2011 and 660/2011 dated 17/11/2011 which imposes certain restriction on the importation of Textiles, Apparel and Leather products. The product groups covered under these decrees are;
A. Product Covered under Decision of Minister of Industry and Foreign Trade No. 626/2011
- Clothes / Garments and textile accessories like scarves, handkerchiefs, etc.
- Finished and Printed Fabrics
- Dyed and Coloured Yarns
- Home Textiles
- Carpets and Rugs
- Bags, wallets, purses, hats, belts, etc. made of textile
B. Product Covered under Decision of Minister of Industry and Foreign Trade No. Decree 660/2011
- Natural Leather
- Artificial Leather
- Footwear and its parts
- Bags, wallets, purses, hats, belts, etc. made of leather
In connection to the above, Egypt Customs and GOEIC (General Organization for Export and Import Control) have mandated the below marking requirements on the external packaging of these regulated products.
- Name of Producer or Exporter or Registered Trademark
- No. of Pieces
- Country of Origin
- Gross Weight and Net Weight
- Description of Carton's Content
Non-inclusion of any of the above markings may result in unwanted delays in clearance of the goods from Egypt Customs.