Compliance of Materials and Articles for Food Packaging
Food Packaging Compliance Expert Services combine consultancy with technical and analytical support.
Intertek offers MigraPass™, an innovative online service to check food packaging compliance with the European Union (EU) Directive 2002/72/EC.
The MigraPass™ system, developed in collaboration with Pira International (UK) and FABES Research Company (Germany), certifies the compliance of plastic food packaging materials, and estimates the migration of substances from polymeric materials to foodstuffs in accordance with the EU Directive 2002/72/EC. MigraPass™ is available at SpecialChem’s on-line Migration Center at www.migrapass.com, an area entirely dedicated to migration, from theory to regulations, on-line trainings and calculation.Food Packaging Compliance support includes:
- Regulatory compliance in the different legislative frameworks (Europe, individual European Member states, BfR (former BgVV), FDA, JHOSPA/JHPVCA, Health Canada, and others)
- Development and Submission of new materials (monomers / additives) intended to come into contact with foodstuff (Europe, USA, Canada, Japan schemes)
- Overall and specific migration studies (monomers, additives, heavy metals, technical adjuvant)
- Analytical screening of critical substances (aromatic amines, solvents, BADGE/BFDGE/NOGE, phthalates, and others)
- Analytical methods design and development for NSF certifications and registrations
Need help or have a question?
- EMEA UK:
- +44 161 721 5247
- +31 88 126 8888
- +33 (0) 385 99 12 80
- +65 6805 4800
- 0800 5855888
- +49 711 27311 152
- +41 61 686 4800
- 01 800 5468 3783
- +52 55 5091 2150
- +55 11 2322 8033
- +61 1300 046 837
- +91 82 9104 9593