Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
Life cycle assessment (LCA) is the basis for the development of the concepts of life cycle thinking and life cycle management.
Life cycle assessment (LCA) can be described as a tool for the systematic evaluation of the environmental impacts of a product or service through all stages of its life cycle - from raw material extraction through production, distribution, use, to waste management and final disposal.
Life cycle assessment (LCA) has a variety of applications:
- Focus product development
- Support marketing claims
- Improve product / corporate image
- Aid stakeholder communication
- Identify appropriate performance indicators
- Support improvement efforts
Intertek enables your company to realize these benefits through our comprehensive range of product life cycle services, including:
- Life cycle assessment studies - let us do the hard work and conduct your life cycle assessment (LCA) for you whether it be a simple or a full LCA study.
- Life cycle data collection - as data collection is the time consuming part of an LCA, let us help you distribute the workload by doing the data collection for you. We will take on any challenge from literature search to on-site data collection.
- Review services - having conducted your own LCA, our LCA experts bring credibility to your work by critically reviewing your study. Our reviews will be tailored to suit your needs and can range from preliminary to full peer reviews.
- Software tools - we can offer a variety of sustainability software solutions covering LCA, carbon footprinting and energy management.
- LCA training, support and advice - it is our aim to arm you with the knowledge necessary to improve your products and services. Our training courses are therefore designed to your specific needs.
Related Environmental, Health and Safety Services:
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).