Battery Fire and Abuse Testing
Intertek performs battery fire and abuse testing to ensure safety and proper performance.
We are equipped to perform the following testing services:
- Fire Testing: Cell, Module, Full Battery Pack
- Drop: 30 Meter Drop Test (Full Battery Pack)
Battery Fire and Abuse Testing Specifications
- FreedomCAR Electical Energy Storage System Abuse Test Manual for Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle Applications
- U.S. Advanced Battery Consortium Electrochemical Storage System Abuse Test Procedure Manual (SAND99-0497)
- SAE J2464, Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle Rechargeable Energy Storage System (RESS) Safety and Battery Abuse Testing
- Simulated Fire Tests for Cell and Battery Packs
- Effects of Large Hydrocarbon Pool Fires on Structural Members and Assembly per ASTM 1529
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Battery Fire and Abuse Testing.