Cosmetic Technical Files
The EU Cosmetic Directive requires a Product Information Pack (PIP) to be kept accessible for inspection at a specified address within the EU.
The information required for the PIP includes:
- Qualitative and quantitative composition of the product
- Physical, chemical and microbiological specifications of the raw materials and product
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) of raw materials
- Method of manufacture complying with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Test reports and certificates for raw materials and product, including results of stability testing
- Safety assessment, with name and address of qualified person responsible for the assessment
- Data on undesirable effect and proof of the effect claimed
- Registration of manufacturing premises
- Notification to a poison centre
Intertek also offers exclusive healthcare and beauty product research and development solutions as well as production and supply chain strategies to ensure the utmost quality and safety of your cosmetics, toiletries, Over-the-Counter (OTC) drugs, therapeutic goods, and more.
Need help or have a question?
- N. America
- +1 561 989 7294
- +33 2 78 94 01 78
- +852 2173 8888
- +44 (0)116 263 0330