Enabling you to identify and mitigate the intrinsic risk in your operations, supply chains and business processes.
Evaluating how your products and services meet and exceed quality, safety, sustainability and performance standards.
Validating the specifications, value and safety of your raw materials, products and assets.
TIA-968-B-3 (Telecommunications – Telephone Terminal Equipment – Technical Requirements for Connection of Terminal Equipment to the Telephone Network – Addendum 3), an Addendum 3 to the old standard, TIA-968-B, including B-1 to B-2 is now in effect as of July 13, 2016.
This standard specifies technical criteria for Telephone Terminal Equipment (TTE) approved in accordance with Title 47 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (47 C.F.R.), Part 68 for direct connection to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), including private line services provided over wireline facilities owned by providers of wireline telecommunications.
The purpose of the standard is to provide technical criteria to protect wireline carrier telephone networks from harm caused by the connection of terminal equipment defined by the Federal Communications Commission in 47 C.F.R. Section 68.3. This Standard was developed for submission to the Administrative Council for Terminal Attachments (ACTA).
- This addendum removes the specification and requirements for Type B ringer.
- Thus all new terminal equipment should be tested and marked as Type A ringer equipment only.
- As the registration number includes REN information, this update implies new terminal equipment can no longer be family grouped with previous registered family. New registration number must be applied to reflect the correct ringer type in force.
- Previously registered terminal equipment is not affected by this technical update.
- Modification towards previously registered terminal equipment which is not affecting the accuracy of ACTA database would not be affected.
- DSL FAST specification is added into the standard, and DSL FAST type terminal equipment will be tested and compared with the corresponding limit.
For enquiries, please contact:
Intertek Hong Kong