Environmental Management Systems Internal and Lead Auditor Training Course
Intertek’s IRCA Accredited ISO 14001:2004 Lead Auditor Course provides training for potential Environmental Management System Lead Auditors and Auditors. The course meets the training requirements of the International Register of Certificated Auditors for registration as an IRCA recognized EMS auditor/lead auditor and provides delegates with an in-depth knowledge and skills in auditing in order to carry out environmental management system audits.
After the training class, students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills required to perform audits of environmental management systems against ISO 14001:2004, in accordance with ISO 19011.
Through lectures, discussions, workshops and role plays, you’ll be able:
- To describe the purpose of an environmental management system and explain the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of environmental aspects and impacts, including the significance of these for EMS auditors.
- To explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO 14001:2004, the ISO 14000 series guidance standards and the legislative framework relevant to an EMS.
- To explain the role of an auditor and lead auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
Topics that will be covered in our 5-day Course:
Session Dates and Locations:
- Review of the Requirements of ISO 14001:2004 Standard
- Roles and Responsibilities in Auditing
- Auditing Approaches - Their Advantages and Disadvantages
- The International Standards on Environmental Auditing
- Planning an Audit
- Conducting Opening and Closing Meetings
- Practical Experience in Conducting Audits
- Legislative Compliance
- Pollution Prevention
- Supply Chain Issues in Audits
- Continual Improvement
- Report Preparation
- The Certification Process
For session dates and locations please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 5 days
- US and International Attendees: $1895.00 USD per attendee;
- Canadian Attendees: $1895.00 CAD per attendee (includes course materials, lunches and refreshment breaks).
Each attendee will receive IRCA recognized certificate(s) upon successful completion of the course.
Each attendee must have sufficient knowledge of ISO 14001:2004 requirements before attending this course.
*For all training inquiries other than registration please contact our training manager, Fanny Ho.
To register for this valuable course, please complete the following form. By selecting submit, you agree to the Public Training Terms.
Our Discount Policy
- You will be given a 10% discount on our published course fee when registering 90 calendar days prior to the start date of the training course or paid webinar.
- For 3 or more people from the same company (identified by the same company name) attending one training course or one paid webinar, each participant will enjoy 10% discount on our published course fee.
- Maximum 20% discount will be granted to an attendee if both conditions #1 and #2 are satisfied.
Please note: This discount policy only applies to Intertek’s public training courses or publicly held paid webinars and is not applicable to any on-site training course or paid webinar offered to a specific company.
Intertek Academy Loyalty Program
To learn more on how to earn training dollar credits, click here.