Spray-Applied Foam Products Testing
Intertek provides testing and certification of Spray Applied Polyurethane Foam Insulation and Coating products.
Intertek is one of the only testing laboratories that offer manufacturers a single-stop solution for all testing, certification, inspection and follow-up services. Having all required services performed by a single vendor saves significant amounts of time and money in the testing and certification process.
Our services include:
- Testing in accordance with ICC ES’ AC 377 Requirements for Low Density, Medium Density, High Density and Roofing SPF Insulation
- Dictated by building codes:
- IBC, IRC, IFC, UBC
- Additional Testing Offered per AC-377:
- ASTM C1363 - Thermal Performance
- ASTM E96 - Vapor Retarder
- ASTM E283 – Unvented, Conditioned Attic Assemblies as an Air Barrier
- NFPA 259 – Potential Heat Content
- NFPA 268 – Ignition Properties
- NFPA 286 Room Corner Burn Test (for use in Attics or Walls where thickness of SPF insulation is greater than 4-inches)
- SwRI 99-02, Crawl-Space test
- Qualification for Attics and Crawl Spaces – After June 1, 2009 all products used in attics must have a “modified” NFPA 286, room corner burn test performed (use of SPF in crawl-spaces still requires SwRI 99-02)
- Physical Tests in Table 1 of AC-377 such as ASTM C518 (thermal resistance/R-Value), D1621, D1622, D1623, D2126, D2856 and E84/UL723 (flame spread index and smoke developed index)
- ASTM E108/UL790 – Roof Classification
Products we test include:
- Attics and crawl spaces
- Pipes and tanks
- Cold storage facilities
- Climate controlled buildings
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Spray-Applied Foam Products Testing.