Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) Monitoring System
The Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) Monitoring System is the European approach to improving social performance in supplier countries through a uniform social standards monitoring solution.
The BSCI is based on the labor standards of the International Labour Organization (ILO) and other important international regulations like the UN Charta for Human Rights, as well as on national regulations. This initiative aims at continuously improving the social performance of suppliers, ultimately enhancing working conditions in factories worldwide.
The BSCI monitoring system:
- Provides standardized management tools for all companies in all countries
- Supplies a database: information pool to optimize coordination of the process
- Is open to retailers, importers, and manufacturers
- Involves all stakeholders in Europe and supplier countries
- Report valid for 3 years.
Intertek is an accredited monitor for the BSCI system. Intertek has well trained auditors in over 100 countries prepared to support your BSCI monitoring needs no matter where your suppliers are located.
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) Monitoring System.