Corporate Social Responsibility Solutions
As your trusted partner in social accountability, Intertek is committed to honoring the ethical values and respect of all stakeholders, communities, as well as the natural environment.
We can successfully develop your code of conduct and social compliance process in continual support and recognition of your communication plan. To effectively achieve this, we simultaneously fuse the service components of our customer program with the particular code of values, business process, and communication plans you desire– applying both relevance and trust that the Corporate Social Responsibility approach we provide as your partner integrates seamlessly with all your business operations, streams, and aspirations.
Intertek offers a suite of corporate social responsibility solutions to empower you to showcase your profiles and good practices while simultaneously improving material efficiency through sustainable environmental practices, practicing good social responsibility concerning security and workplace conditions, and ensuring your organization and your suppliers meet the requirements of tomorrow’s employees, communities, investors and customers. These web-based solutions include:
Inlight – Enhance Supply Chain Visibility and Manage Risk
- Collection and cleansing of supplier information
- Completion of business profiles
- Risk-based analysis and reporting
- Verification services
Think Green Initiative (TGI) - A Sustainable Approach to Greening the Value Chain
- Enables manufacturers to complete the trilogy: Think Green, Act Green and Be Green
- Allows factories to simultaneously demonstrate environmental performance and improve bottom line
Workplace Conditions Assessment (WCA) - Measured Results : Improved Performance
- Evaluates factory workplace conditions and puts working hours into perspective by benchmarking against sector, country and global averages
- Enables you to demonstrate your performance on real issue - Good Workplaces = Happy People
- Teaches new approaches for assessing, benchmarking and communicating workplace performance in order to measure the positive progress made and identify areas for continuous improvement
- Measures how you perform against global, country and industry-specific benchmarks
Global Security Verification (GSV) - Verify Supplier Chain Security and Facilitate Global Trade Efficiency
- Enables voluntary participation among factories to demonstrate compliance to C-TPAT members by working towards meeting the requirements established by U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Join the world’s largest platform and community of suppliers assessed to GSV standard
- Reduces audit fatigue, saves cost and enable global recognition
Intertek is also a Social Accountability 8000 certification body, accredited by Social Accountability International in 1999, and was the first external monitor to receive accreditation to the Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production Certification Program (WRAP). Additionally, Intertek is one of the largest providers of Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audits (SMETA). Intertek has also been accredited in multiple countries by the Fair Labor Association (FLA) program, amfori Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) Monitoring System, and ICS (Initiative Clause Sociale). We are continually seeking accreditation under new and emerging industry standards across industries and around the globe.
Intertek’s services for implementing an effective CSR program address every stage of your supply chain and include: Setting Business Principles and Strategic Planning, Risk Assessment and Management, Training and Education, Independent Monitoring, Social Reporting and Response, and Continuous Improvement.
Need help or have a question?
- +44 (0) 116 296 1620
- +61 1300 046 837
- +46 8 750 03 33
- Asia Pacific
- +86 21 50273066