Rheology testing, research and analysis.
Intertek provides rheology testing services for fluids, plastics and polymers. Client samples are easily shipped to the rheology labs from most locations.
- Melt Flow Rate (MFR)
- Melt Flow Index (MFI)
- ASTM D-1238, ASTM D-3364, ISO-1133
- Melt Stability
- Capillary Rheometer
- Capillary Rheometry Shear Sweeps
- Thermal Stability
- ASTM D-3835, ISO-11443
- Intrinsic Viscosity ASTM D-2857
- Relative Viscosity ASTM D-2857, ISO-489
- Polymer Processing
- Shear and Extensional Hot Melt Rheology
- Rotational Rheology Laboratory
- Instrumented Injection Moulding
- Rheology Solutions for Polymer Process Applications
- Rheology Laboratory
Rheology testing applications:
- Design Data for Flow Filing Simulations
- Caplillary Rheometer - Polymers and Viscous fluids up to 400°C
- Shear and Extensional Viscosity Curves
- Extrudate Appearance
- Die Swell Properties
- Wall Slip Measurements
- Metal Contact Effects
- Injection Moulding and Extrusion Moulding
- Tapes, Films, Fibres, Blow Moulding
Rheology laboratories expertise:
- Small scale polymer processing kit that can handle as little as 50g of sample
- Bench top twin screw extruder (hopper volume 15cm 3) is able to compound/blend samples at temperatures up to 350°C
- A haul-off facility enables lace samples to be collected prior to cutting/pelletisation etc.
- The bench-top injection moulding machine (also capable of operating up to 350°C) can be used to mould samples of varying geometries, including ASTM and DIN test pieces
- Rheological research projects can be combined with other Intertek testing expertise, or with the client's own laboratory.
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Rheology Tests.