Spice Testing and Inspection
Spices testing and inspection.
Intertek tests and inspects bulk spices on a global basis. The spice testing labs screen for quality control parameters, and select laboratories provide testing for detection of Sudan Red, Para Red, and other illegal dyes.
The Intertek India Spice Laboratory in Mumbai has been awarded a Certificate of Registration from the India Spices Board. Services covered in the Spices Board registration include laboratory testing services for physical, chemical and microbiological parameters of spices and spice products.
Spices laboratory testing:
- Alcohol extract, AOAC, ASTA
- Ash. AOAC, ASTA*
- Filth, Insects, AOAC
- Ether Extract, HPLC
- Moisture, AOAC
- Sieve Analysis, AOAC
- Volatile Oil, AOAC, ASTA
- Microbiological tests, See Microbiology
- Mycotoxins, See Mycotoxin
- Sudan Red, Para Red Dyes, HPLC, LCMS
*ASTA is the American Spice Trade Association.
Spices tested and inspected:
- Allspice, Basil
- Capsicums, Celery Seed, Cinnamon Cloves, Coriander, Cumin Seed
- Dehydrated Garlic, Dehydrated Onion, Dill Fennel Seed
- Ginger, Mustard Seed, Mace
- Nutmeg, Oregano
- Paprika, Pepper
- Sage, Sesame Seed, Spice Extractives
- Thyme, Turmeric
- and others.
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Spice Testing and Inspection.